Once you start looking for a web hosting provider, you will notice there is a very large difference in how much they charge. You will also notice that most web hosts have multiple hosting plans, each at different prices. Any good web host will allow you to upgrade a plan later on if required, so don’t feel as though you need to start off on a plan that costs more than you need.
Although different web hosting companies provides a different plans for hosting your site and have different prices according to the plans they provided to you. So it is important to know about the web hosting plan for hosting your site and the price is according to the hosting plan they offering you. If you are just starting out with your own web site then the shared hosting plan is better for you. The shared hosting plan is cheaper than the other hosting plan.
For hosting you require your own domain name in order to host with hosting companies. It is important to check that what kind of the services your website needs kind of server your business need, your budget and what kind of the services web host offer.
WEB HOSTING PLATFORMS:-
You can choose any one of the widely used hosting platforms:
- Windows Hosting Servers − if you work mostly on the window operating system then you will find many hosting servers which are running on different versions of Windows and you can buy space from these servers. Normally Windows hosting servers are more expensive because of lot of software licensing costs are involved with these servers.
- Linux Hosting Servers − If you want to go for Linux then opportunities are unlimited and they will have to pay less than what you will pay for Windows Hosting Server. There are many ISP who provides Hosting Servers with different version of Unix.
Web Hosting Provider Offers You:
- 24/7 support
- 24/7 FTP access (so you can update your website)
- A number of email accounts (eg, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Online control panel for managing your website-it is the interface to your website and you get know about several updation make in your website.
- Online traffic statistics-so you can see how much traffic your website receives
- A robust database management system- such as MySQL or MS SQL. this provide a service to you to add your own database if required
- If you require specialized server application software such as SQL Server, or PHP, you will need to check that the hosting provider supports this.